The alerting solution will notify you when the measured conditions you configure exceed specified parameters.
- You must have at least one device connected to InfoTiles via 'My Devices' or 'All Devices'. If you do not have any devices yet, learn how to add a device.
- If you wish to create an alert from a device not listed in 'My Devices' or 'All Devices', (eg a SCADA Tag), please submit a support ticket.
- Your device must have metadata.
Table of contents
Open the Alert Creation Wizard
Step 1. Navigate to the 'Alerting' page. If you are logged in, this link will take you directly there.
Step 2. Click New Alert to open the creation wizard.
Define alert condition
Step 1. Source definition
- Select the device that you wish to monitor from the list of devices.
- Observation type is the metadata associated with the selected device (E.g. 'temperature').
- Click Next
Tip: Device ID is displayed on the top of the creation wizard when you select a device.
Step 2. Alert Trigger Conditions
- Time window determines the historical period of time to check for alert conditions (e.g. 24 hours).
- Check frequency determines how often the alert is checked in minutes (e.g. if the field is 10, the temperature of Demo Device will be checked every 10 minutes). The value must be between 5 and 60.
- Alert when determines the value aggregation of the selected metadata. Available aggregations are Min, Max, Average and Last. More options for indication will be added in the coming months.
- Select one of the operators: less than (<), less than or equal to (≤), equal to (=), greater than or equal to (≥), greater than (>) and not equal to (≠).
- Add condition value to determine the threshold. When the value of the device meets this threshold, the alert will be triggered.
- After filling in all fields above, click Next to move to the next step.
The image below shows a configuration that will calculate the average temperature of the demo device for the last 24 hours. It will check this calculation every 10 minutes and trigger an alert of the average temperature is greater than or equal to 25°C.
Tip: Carefully consider the relationship between Time window and Check frequency. For example, checking a 24h window every 5 minutes may lead to nuisance alerts.
Step 3. Alert Definition
- Alert title: Add a short title that summarises the alert. The title will be displayed as the title of the notification that you will receive when the alert is triggered and also on the Alerting page.
- Alert description: you can provide a short description for the alert. The description will be included in the content of the alert notification and also on the Alerting page.
Step 4. Notification Channel
- Currently, InfoTiles supports to notify via email only. More alert channels will be added in the coming months.
- You will receive notifications on the top right corner when the alert is being created and when it is created successfully.
- The newly created alert is displayed on the Alerting page.
Please sign in to leave a comment.