This article is to help you familiarise yourself with the key terms used in InfoTiles - Klink Analytics.
Table of content
Key terms and definitions
Before you can work with data, you must index it. Indexing is the method by which search engines organize data for fast retrieval. The resulting structure is called, fittingly, an index.
2. Index pattern
To visualise and analyse data, you must create an index pattern.
An index pattern selects the data to use and allows you to define the properties of the fields. An index pattern can point to one or more indices.
Learn how to create an index pattern →
Visualization help transform your complex data into visual elements such as charts, graphs and maps.
- Learn more different types of visualizations →
- Learn how to create an visualisation →
A dashboard contains multiple visualizations to help you communicate and report your insights effectively with stakeholders.
- Learn more How to create a new dashboard →
- Learn more Add more data to a dashboard →
Groups are used to manage users that all need the same access and permissions to resources (Index Patterns, Visualizations and Dashboards).
Some groups that are available to you:
- Organization: this group is accessible to all users within your organization. Any changes you make to visuals and dashboards will affect the entire organization.
- Private: this is the workspace that is only accessible to you. Any changes you make to visuals and dashboards will only affect your user profile. This is good for experimentation.
- Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) groups that you belong to.
Learn how to switch group →
The visualisation below demonstrates the relationship of key terms in Klink Analytics
Please sign in to leave a comment.