This article provides you with steps to create a visualisation. You can create charts, maps or visualise your time series data in a way that makes sense.
To start working with visualisations, make sure to
To create a new visualization
Step 1. Go to Visualize on the left sidebar menu
Step 2. Click Create visualization
Step 3. Select a type of visualization.
- Learn more about different types of visualizations
Step 4. Select a source to retrieve the data for your visualization
To retrieve data, you can either use
- A saved search: click the name of the saved search you want to use. This opens the visualization builder and loads the selected query.
- New search criteria: select an index pattern to work with. This opens the visualization builder where you can start a new query with the selected indices.
Tip: When you build a visualization from a saved search, any subsequent modifications to the saved search are automatically reflected in the visualization. To disable automatic updates, you can disconnect a visualization from the saved search.
Step 5. Choose Metrics and Buckets for the visualization
- Learn more about Metric and Bucket Aggregations
Note: Remember to click Apply Changes to view your visualization.
Step 6. Save the visualization
- Click Save on the top right corner.
- Add title and description to the visualization for later use
The visualization is saved and can be opened when you click Visualize on the left sidebar menu.