TSVB (Time Series Visual Builder) includes several different visualization types for time series data — Time Series, Metric, Top N, Gauge, and Markdown
To work with visualizations, make sure to
- Authorized access to the Klink lab
- Select the right tenant
Table of content
- Step 1: Open the visualization builder
- Step 2: Choose Metrics and Buckets for the visualization
- Step 3: Save the visualization
Start with the scenario: Average temperature week over week. In this example, we use a public data feed NETATMO.
Step 1: Open the visualization builder
2. Expand the left menu drawer, click 'Tenants' and select the Tenant you want to work with.
Visualize on the left sidebar menuGo to
4. Click Create visualization
5. Select TSVB
Step 2: Choose Metrics and Buckets for the visualization
Below is the overview of the series that needs to be included in the chart.
Add the temperature of the current week
1. Name the series as “temp. current week”
2. Set Average as aggregation and temperature as field
Add the temperature of the last week
1. Click Clone Series icon to add another series with the same field values
2. Name the second series as "temp. last week"
3. Switch to Options tab, set Offset series time by 1w
1. Click Add Series icon
2. Name the third series as "threshold"
3. Select Static Value as aggregation and 12 as static value
Step 3: Save the visualization
- Click Save on the top right corner.
- Add title and description to the visualization for later use.
Tips: Click on the colour icon to change the colour of the series.
Note: Once you configure the series you want to analyze, you select which visualization type to use for presenting the data. Each type would need to be saved as a separate visualization to be included in a dashboard.